Christopher Willard - Mindfulness Certificate Course for Treating Kids and Teens
Christopher Willard - Mindfulness Certificate Course for Treating Kids and Teens (Interventions for ADHD, Anxiety, Trauma, Emotional Regulation and More)
Today's fast-paced, connected, and highly charged world is placing unprecedented stress and pressure on kids and teens.
Youth need effective skills to cope with the increasingly demanding lifestyle, combat the symptoms, and establish mindful and compassionate living — to last a lifetime.
Join one of the world's leading experts on mindfulness techniques for youth and teens, Dr. Christopher Willard, Psy. D., for a new certificate course on Mindfulness interventions for treating kids and teens.
This online course will add depth to your mindfulness practice and empower you with the tools to share and adapt mindfulness for youth in practical and engaging ways.
You'll learn strategies and techniques that will improve social-emotional resilience and executive function, proven interventions for ADHD and emotional regulation, and powerful clinical skills to heal trauma and anxiety.
End this course with a Certificate in Mindfulness Interventions for Treating Kids and Teens! You'll be re-energized and fully prepared to advance your practice and improve the overall health, well-being and happiness of today's youth.
In this comprehensive online training, Christopher Willard, Psy. D., will guide you step-by-step through nine modules of in-depth Mindfulness training, all designed to help you effectively integrate Mindfulness into your practice with kids and teens. Here's what's covered in each module:
Mindfulness and Neuroscience for Healthy Brain Development
What is Mindfulness and how do we understand and share it in a kid-friendly way? In Module 1 we will explore:
- Mindfulness and neuroscience of healthy brain development
- The simple science of how mindfulness keeps depression, PTSD, anxiety and aggression at bay
- Playful and practical exercises to explore the mind-body connection
- How to use the breath as a “remote control” for our minds, bodies and emotions
Self-Compassion, Appreciation and Relaxation: Focus on Mindfulness for You
Module 2 focuses on mindfulness for you, the professional, in order to maintain presence, manage the stress of your challenging job, and stave off “compassion fatigue.”
- Why mindfulness will make you a better and happier therapist, teacher, parent and person
- Presence, countertransference, and decision-making techniques to sharpen your clinical intuition
- Self-compassion, appreciation, and relaxation exercises to avoid burnout
- Focusing practices to keep your mind alert, awake and alive
- Contemplative techniques to keep calm, connected and creative in your sessions
Managing the Youth Mental Health Crisis
Module 3 will deepen your understanding of what mindfulness is and isn’t when working with kids and families facing a crisis of mental health
- Why mindfulness, why now? in managing the mental health crisis
- Accessible analogies to explain what mindfulness is and isn’t
- How to help kids and families slow down, sit still and single-task
- Dealing with doubt: whether it’s your own, your colleagues, or the kids’ doubt
Anxiety, ADHD and Impulse Control: Body Based Mindful Awareness
Module 4 focuses on how to befriend the body as a source of wisdom and healing. You'll discover how to:
- Help kids integrate their mind and body to maximize health, mental health, and learning
- Make mindful movement and walking fun, funny, and engaging!
- Mindful eating — Real world ideas and insights beyond the raisins for anxiety, depression, ADHD, impulse control and more
Neuroplasticity: Empowering Brain and Behavior Change
The breakthroughs in neuroscience and neuroplasticity validate the power of mindfulness based interventions. In Module 5 we'll look at:
- Simplifying neuroscience for kids to empower brain and behavior change
- Mindfulness, mental health and learning. The state of the research.
- Mind-body meditations to rewire young brains for resilience
From Resistance to Resilience: Getting Kids Engaged and Excited
Transform opposition and resistance into openness and engagement with the strategies and techniques shared in this module. You'll learn:
- Practical and effective ideas that will generate buy-in from kids
- Tips from the masters that will build your confidence when teaching mindfulness
- How to make mindfulness fun and accessible even to stressed, anxious, depressed and distracted kids
- Comfortably adapt mindfulness to all kinds of minds, bodies and backgrounds
Integrating Mindfulness with CBT, DBT, ACT and Play
Build your toolkit for working with all kinds of kids! Module 7 is filled with treatment techniques to apply with kids, beginning in your next therapy session.
- Empower kids to recognize and work with emotions and impulses
- Effectively integrate mindfulness into many modalities of therapy including DBT, ACT, CBT and play
- Explore and practice powerful tools for depression, trauma, anxiety, ADHD, addiction and more
- Create a clear mindfulness based treatment plan for therapy
Make Mindfulness Fun! Arts, Games, Sports and More
Explore creative ways to make mindfulness fun by integrating it into the activities they are most interested in and enjoy. Module 8 reveals how to:
- Bring mindfulness to games for kids who struggle with attention
- Create your own visualizations with kids
- Make the virtual virtuous with mindful uses of technology
- The more the merrier (or mindful-er?): Small group and partner practices
Mindfulness and Compassion in Action
In this final module, learn additional compassion based-practices, plus ways to cultivate mindful and compassionate workplaces, schools and communities. This module provides:
- A roadmap for breaking through resistance
- Strategies for finding time in busy lives for mindfulness practice and self-compassion
- Inspiring and time-tested ideas for creating a mindful and compassionate workplace, school, or family
Christopher Willard, Psy. D., is one of the world's leading experts on mindfulness with young people, having trained thousands of professionals and young people on the practice and benefits of mindfulness. He is a psychologist and consultant based in Boston, working individually as well as consulting to schools, hospitals and other organizations. Additionally, he is the author of multiple books on psychology, child development, contemplative practice and more. Dr. Willard is the president of the Mindfulness in Education Network and serves on the board of directors at the Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy. In addition to serving on the faculty of Harvard Medical School, Dr. Willard leads courses and workshops around the world and online. You can find his website at drchristopherwillard.com, where you can watch his TEDx talks and learn more about his books and work. Dr. Willard is the author of Child's Mind (2010), Growing Up Mindful (2016) and three other books. He is the co-author of the bestselling card decks Growing Mindful and Growing Happy.
Speaker Disclosures — Financial: Christopher Willard maintains a private practice. He receives royalties as an author for New Harbinger Publishing, Guilford Press, and Parallax Press. Dr. Willard is the president of the Mindfulness in Education Network. He is on the board of directors at the Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy and is faculty of Harvard Medical School. Dr. Willard receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc. Non-financial: Christopher Willard has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Get Christopher Willard - Mindfulness Certificate Course for Treating Kids and Teens download right now!